Frequently Asked Questions
We are a tuition free public charter school.
Each grade level will have a specific top they will need to wear. Students can choose their own bottoms and shoes.
Students will be able to participate in basketball, flag football, and baseball through community partners (East Point Parks and Recreation and Rosel Fann Recreation Center)
They will compete against other charter schools
Our curriculum is focused on Culture, STEM, Relevance, and Rigor.
- We will offer computer science as a core class for all students
- We will also root all content areas in Problem Based Learning. This allows students to resolve real world problems using the skills they learn in class.
- We will also focus on utilizing culturally relevant content and strategies
We are enrolling grades 5 and 6, but will grow by one grade level each year until we reach 8th grade.
Yes we will have one bus. If demand exceeds the amount of seats, there will be a lottery system to decide who can use the bus.
- We have time built into the day for remediation and acceleration. If your student has shown mastery of the content he will be able to receive accelerated material on that standard/lesson.
- In 8th grade students, will have the opportunity to take high school level courses as well.
- We offer extended time in ELA and math classes to provide more time for individualized instruction.
- We also have time built into the day for remediation and acceleration. If your student has shown a need for more help in a topic/content area this time is dedicated for more targeted assistance.
We do have a building! Here is our address:
3480 E Main St,
College Park, GA 30337
Here is our mailing address until June 1, 2022:
3645 Marketplace Blvd., Suite 130 Box 625,
East Point, GA 30344
In year 2 (Spanish)
Breakfast begins at 7:35 AM
Classes begin at 8:00 AM
Dismissal at 3:45 PM
Yes, in addition to the programs we will offer, families will have access to our partners as well (i.e. YMCA, Boys and Girls Club, etc.)
Our application is live on our website now.
Unless we receive more than our capacity your student will have a seat.
March 25, 2022
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Yes. We will serve all students that seek to attend Liberation Academy.